Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Three Posts in Three Days

You see how I've not been keeping up with my sidebar numbers game? I've been aiming for four posts each month - one each week perhaps - and this month I've really dropped the ball. I've been busy. Ironically, I thought November would be the start of seemingly endless oodles of free time since I've only got one more event this year and it's not for another five weeks. So I can't blame work things for my busyness factor even though I do log Lux hours everyday, somewhere in there. I've been busy being sociable and let me tell you, that'll really take it out of ya. For example, having a tiny dinner party involves a day of cleaning, menu planning, and general fussing and then another day to go to the grocery store, cook a meal, and feed it to people. Then you need a recovery day that involves neglecting your computer and going out for a mid-day walk to stave off your sleepiness factor. And when you get back, you have a nap.

Other days I have plans with a friend say at 2:30. That's the smack dab middle of the day. This results in feeling disinclined to start any large projects or jobs that you were hoping to finish in one sitting. So the first half of your day is spent on relatively inconsequential chores while you keep an anxious eye on the clock so that you won't be late for your social event. And anyways, by the time you fix and eat lunch, you need to leave in about an hour so why don't you just watch blooper reels on Youtube? Then you go to your social outing and some longwinded friend will be extra verbose that day and you won't get back to your car until 5:00 with a skinny yellow parking ticket tucked under your wiper blade and then you've got to walk the dog and fix supper and eat it and clean it and before you know it, a whole day just blew right past you!

In an effort to not hold off living my life because I'm not married (see Marriage post) I've been overbooking myself for fun time things and not leaving time for creative Laura things. I feel like a rookie in the game of work, social, and personal life balancing. Is this what you're supposed to learn in college? Is this why the most sociable people I know have bum-like tendencies?

Also I've been going to breakfast a lot. It's my favorite meal to eat out. 1) Because it's inexpensive 2) Because everyone in there still feels cozy and sleepy and 3) I like the clinking sounds that coffee mugs and tiny plates make in a large echo-y room. It's the Breakfast Noise. Mom likes the Breakfast Noise too.

So, I'm going to do three posts in three days to meet my four post goal before Friday. This worthless posts counts as one. And thusly, I will bombard you with Pippa pictures because she sleeps on my chest and it's the cutest thing. Also, she got a Christmas sweater and posed for school photos.







No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...