Monday, December 18, 2017

This Year - A Photo Recap

As I pulled pictures from the last twelve months I thought about all the different kinds of years people must have had this year. I felt very self-focused about it all except that it's my year. The year I had. And sure, other people are what really effect the year you have. Sprinkled into this year are homecomings, weekend trips, friend visits, bad traffic, new recipes, farewell dinners, birthdays, tough days, that whole 'politics' thing, and one-off moments that seemed insignificant at the time but you'll remember them forever just because they felt good or made you laugh or made you feel a way you never want to feel again.

I pulled my recap photos of the happy year I had and thought about Ellen. Ellen had a very different year. Ellen's year really blew. And some people had a year worse than Ellen's year and better then my perfectly pleasant year. How many times do you think I can say 'year' in this post?

We started January 2017 with the re-opening of Buddy's favorite hangout.


Brett moved home from Buford in February, thus reinstating the lively, gut-busting adventures of "The Crew".


In March I cut my hair and I'll never do that again.


April was full of weddings and slumping with happy friends. Don't they look happy?


Sometime in there Dad packed his family into his car and took us to Sonic for hot fudge sundaes. It gave us all the giggles, followed promptly by stomachaches.


May rounded out wedding season with my Mama-sidekick and banjo lessons with Eisenhauer.



June brought summer plants and a birthday celebration...



that resulted in the Photo of the Year.


July finished a big bus venture with Ellen ....


and started a chilly one with The Leisure Club Lite.


August started some exciting scheming.


September brought me a new friend.


October was a blur of fluffy blooms.


November brought these two together forever. Nate's so so happy.


And just before the years end in December, I find my little dream home.
(I got the keys today! And so it begins. There's just so much to do!)



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...