Friday, June 29, 2018

Say Cheesy


With the hiring of our wedding photographer came the option of doing engagement photos. We said, "No thanks" and carried on with our life. Brett especially hated the idea of a picture of us standing side-by-side, hand-in-hand except that we're in the middle of an empty field and one of us is holding a balloon. You know, weird millennial kind of photographs.

But two months later I realized we have very few pictures together because he's rarely inclined to document things and though I take lots of pictures of him, I'm never in them. I realized this pattern will only continue and we'll age into old farts and only have our wedding pictures to prove that sometimes we do stand side-by-side. I think engagement pictures are corny and insincere and I frequently let out hearty guffaws as I scroll though Instagram and see couples in matching outfits dancing a waltz in a public place. How humiliating. I told our photographer that we changed our minds and we'll do it! (Poor Brett) BUT we're not coordinating outfits or going out in public. You're coming to us.

So Taylor came over and we leered at her camera like the two awkward nerds we are. We elected to make coffee to distract ourselves and keep busy. She a did a good job trying make us look normal. We sat on the couch, sat on the chair, stood around in the kitchen, and sat in the sunny room. Then we went outside and sat on various porches and walked around in the yard hand-in-hand and at one point she asked us to dance and boy those pictures are awkward. We also stood in an ant bed for a photo that resulted in my looking unusually hefty. I dismissed it with "the camera adds ten pounds." but then Brett asked how many cameras were on me.

Here we are watching water boil.


And here's Brett wishing he was anywhere else.


I'll also share Pippa's thoughts on the matter.



Towards the end of our photoshoot, Taylor had us hold hands and run a short distance. I tried to picture where she was going with this and decided I would run like I've seen girls run in the commercials. Meanwhile Brett was running with a sense of hindered competition and when I noticed he had his tongue out I chuckled softly, distracting his focus, and he tripped on stick. Then I cackled and she didn't make us run anymore.




Of the 300 hundred edited phots she sent back to us, this last one is my favorite. But I do want you to know that it came to be because she told Brett to whisper a compliment to me and he told me he how much he loves my manly hands.


Taylor Rae Photography

I should add for Taylor's sake that she's wonderful photographer. The moments she froze in time are so lovely that I wish they were pictures of someone else so that it wouldn't be narcissistic to cover every wall of my house with them. You folks get to see my favorite silly ones because I can't go sharing anything too personal. That would contradict my tough exterior. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...