Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Lately In Photos

Since the dog fight, Grace and Pip have gone on to act like normal dogs that coexist and maybe even like each other a bit ... until Brett gets home. Then Grace pretends to be afraid of Pippa and slinks around the perimeters of all the rooms in the house acting wary and sad. She curls up pathetically under the dining table while the rest of us are splayed out in the living room. Brett then dotes on Grace and all of her dreams come true. And when he leaves for work the next morning, she pops back into a daring explorer of the backyard and a big sister bully and she romps and naps and begs for cheese until Dad get home. Then she becomes a victim again. I have no patience for it.

Pip is unconcerned about it. She's capitalizing on snuggles.


In the nick of time, Brett finished the bulk of his garage jobs and workbenches...



and has dutifully reported to class from 7-10:30 for the last two nights. It seems awful and boring and he and I are both trying to be optimistic but he's exhausted and I'm restless. I'm going to write off having any kind of fun again until November.

We celebrated Papa Clint's birthday by locking ourselves into an Escape Room one afternoon and then having a family dinner. I loved the escape room and noted how bossy Brett became. He's so easy-going. It was odd to see him scampering around, barking orders at his folks. Clint and Susie were amused and calm about the whole thing, feeling no sense of competition to get out before the timer finished it's countdown. Jeff milled around in his slow and strategic fashion, offering one-liners and sarcasm. I really enjoyed it. We escaped the room with just two minutes left on the timer.


When we reconvened for family dinner, we found that Brett and Clint had the same idea to match Jeff's pink, plaid shirt. The Eisenhauer menfolk found this very amusing.


I have little else to report on as I've been cooped in my home for the last two months and I have used this time to scheme ways to create an additional income, partially for monetary purposes but mostly for purpose purposes. I've come up with two Etsy shop ideas so give me another three years to mull things over and I just might get those up and running.
Brett has taken me out of the house for food on a few occasions where he can tell that the cabin fever is getting the best of me. Here I am at Melvins feeling intimidated by such a large lunch.


You see how little I have to report on? Today we are preparing for the hurricane. Well, Brett is preparing. I'm writing a worthless blog post because I've already done the laundry and dishes and brought in the plants and I don't what the crap else to do. I'm getting progressively more grumpy as I write this. It's just dawned on me that I'm going to be trapped inside for two days with a melodramatic Grace and Brett's engineering homework. 
Help me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...