Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Home Again

I finally it made home. It seems especially hot here now. We had such cool weather in PA though one day was very hot. It's lovely and green there now and all of the plants are in bloom.

It was a lovely visit. We spent time with his parents talking and laughing and of course Lukas was reunited with his best friend. (And no, it did not snow. I simply failed to get a picture of the reunion and thus, am using an old one.)


Also present was their other sweet dog, Chloe, who often sleeps like this.


We went and saw African Cats at the movies (which made me want a pet lion) and afterwards we met his parents at a nice little Italian restaurant.  We were able to sit outside and enjoy the cool spring air whilst we ate.  Mostly, it was a relaxing weekend.  Lots of dog walking and food consumption. Also, I discovered that Lukas has an obsession with a clean windshield and we stopped often to clean it. (This will to have to stop.)

In other news, yesterday was my last day ever at Cupcake. Hooray!! Actually, I found my farewell mildly offensive as it was nonexistent. I was simply dismissed.  No goodbye note, no $500 bonus.  I was promptly removed from the schedule and that is that. Hmph! I give 3 years to that place....


Ari is home now from Tulane. An official college grad, so strange.  I'm tickled silly that she's home finally and I'm very excited for some much overdue Ari/Laura time. She's leaving for Hawaii June 1st though so I've got to squeeze in as much Ari as possible until then. 


Also, there is big news on the family front. Ellen is moving home!!!!! YAY!!!!! Oh we're so excited! She gave notice to her job and should be coming end of June or so. She plans to work downtown and has already gotten a job offer in one of those hotels down there. We don't know if she'll take it or keep looking but the point is, she's coming home! She and I are looking for an apartment as she will be my new roommate come August when my lease runs out. (We'll see how that works out.) I'm quite tickled to live with her cats as well.


So that's all for now. I have 2 weeks off before Boone Hall so I intend to read and slump as much as possible. Annie and Baxter must go in today for their check-ups. Mom bought some knock-out pills to make it easier to get them in their boxes. Baxter in now walking around much like Jack Sparrow and he is very loving.  Annie has yet to show up today. She can sense these things. 

In the meantime, enjoy this old classic.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you had a good trip. How exciting to have Ellen moving back!!! Hope you can find a neat apartment that works for both of you. What's Ari going to Hawaii for? Enjoy your two weeks of slumpage!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...