Monday, July 4, 2011

And They're Off

Lukas and fam finally left yesterday afternoon. I went over early to get in the last bit of beach time with them and then they loaded their car and drove off into the distance. How terribly heartbreaking! Ha! Actually I'm just fine, thanks for asking. Prior to their last day, Lukas and his family made the trip over to Boone Hall to see the place and stare at me as they rode by on one of the tour trolleys.

And sorry Georgie, I only have one picture of the two of us simply because I'm the one taking most pictures.  But here you are anyway...



They made it home about 3 this morning. Yish!
In other news, Ellen and I decided to tie our kayak to the jet-ski and try our hand at what we called Kayak Surfing.  Apart from the whelps and bruises, this new sport comes highly recommended by us participants. I'm sure you will see this at the X-Games sometime in the near future.






Even Buddy got in on the action!


And our shot of the night...

Mom and Dad watched proudly from the dock as their lovely, lady-like daughters flung themselves up over assorted water-crafts, bruising their legs, chins, and egos in the process.


1 comment:

  1. I'm glad that all seems to have gone well with the visitors from off. Now you can relax a bit before you begin life with your sister (which could be the basis for a book or sitcom if you two are like your mother and her sister. I can remember some epic battles).
    You should get Alston up on your kayak surfing. I bet Mr. Super Balance would love it.
    By the way, summer has arrived out here. It has been in the 90's and we've had no rain for 2 weeks. Still nice and cool low 50's at night though. Ahhhh.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...