Friday, July 1, 2011

Life This Week

Oh I've been so busy!! It's a lot of movin' and shakin' to have people in town.  I've been spending most of my time out at the beach with Lukas and family and as of yesterday have gone back to work as well. Luckily, our family dinner went well and Mom and Dad found his sister and parents pleasant and easy to talk to.  Dad made mass portions of a Low-country Boil and we all wolfed down our shares. They came over a bit too late to jet-ski like they had hoped so they showed up again early yesterday morning to get their fill.



That's Lukas's nephew Owen and brother-in-law Ed, and his sister. Sigrid. 

They all seem to be enjoying themselves. We've gone downtown a few times and they really like "sweet little Charleston".





I've got to go to work in a little bit but we are all (including Ellen, maybe) headed out to the beach tonight. Lukas's mom is fixing a grand dinner for us. From what I've eaten at their house in the past, this will be a great thing. Mom is currently, frantically trying to make a Key Lime Pie for the occasion.

In other news, Lukas met Bob and Ruth last night and found them highly amusing.  Mostly Granddaddy's little comments. "No one cares Ruth!" Grandma though, acted right and maintained her composure, not laughing so loud or asking invasive questions. We only stayed a minute as we were headed out for dinner but I'm sure she's just waiting to tell me what she thinks. 
Ellen just arrived home an hour ago and is now home for good! She is planning to "take me out" for my birthday tonight. I've invited Lukas along to be my bodyguard as I'm not sure I can keep up with Ellen's friends!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad all is going well, but where are the pics of you and Lukas? And what did you get for your bday? I expect all of this to be covered in the next installment. Looks like Chris has packed on some muscle since becoming a common laborer. Hope you enjoy your night on the town "Ellen" style.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...