Monday, October 24, 2011

My Oh My


First off, I am so excited that you are coming to visit Aunt Georgie. We all can't wait for you to get here!
I'll have to do some celebratory baking.

I'm still chugging along. I now have one extra day off per week though its getting cold out there in the fields. I'm not sure how I'm going to handle such a bitter cold winter. (Ha!) (...but really). About two weeks ago I attended Serefino's 70th birthday. Serefino is the grandpa to all the Mexicans at work and since my appearance, I've become "part of the family". Now I receive even more smiles and waves when they spot me in the veggie stand.
As for school, well I still hate it. My math class is kicking my butt and I got my first B on a french test in french test history. Hmph! T'was careless errors but still!! Oh! Oh! I found an especially exciting study abroad program in Greece. Paros to be exact. It's a photography and creative writing program that I would receive 6 credits for. A month in Greece? Sign me up!  I'm working on the paper work now, It all seems like it will work out but...well, you know.

I went for a walk after my math tutoring session (ha!). Here's what I found.










Also, I don't know if you remember Noodle. the ex-clown that worked with me at Cupcake, but I found him playing the ukelele in the Cistern with his wife and bass playing comrade. 


In other news, Lukas is enjoying Wales and making all kinds of foreign friends. We still talk most nights, unless he falls asleep at an appropriate hour leaving me to fend for myself until my own bedtime. Last week I mailed him a big box of American snacks that he can't buy over there. He is most excited to receive it. I just hope it makes it over to him. I had to fill out customs papers for that thing!

And as for neighbor news, the guys next door have settled down since Ellen called the cops. Some guy with a baby moved in with Colin (the dude) so I imagine there is less noise on account of the baby. Also, Colin has gotten himself an adorable puppy named Baby (nobody puts baby in the corner) who is most energetic and puppy-like. She tries to break in to our apartment when we come and go and she's quite the little jumper. Imagine 3 people living in a two bedroom apartment with a puppy and a baby. Yish!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...