Tuesday, January 17, 2012

And the Third Day...




Hmm. What do I have for you? 
I suppose you know the routine by now. We're all just doing our things. 


Mom has been continuing her piano playing, jewelry making, and job searching.  In between these things she does some light trip planning, assorted magazine exploration, and more recently, gimp arm stretches with a giant red rubber band.


Dear old Pops is much like a squirrel. He can't sit still.
Though he has been busy with his housing projects, anytime he has nothing to do he reverts to toddler-esque behavior. Poking and tapping, tripping and shoving, maniacal laughter, and other assorted torture devices unknowingly inflicted upon any nearby victims. He has been out of town for a few days doing some kind of official business, leaving mom to her magazi- I mean, pivotal tasks.


Lukas continues to entertain me into the wee hours of the night via Skype. He is back to work now, though he is thoroughly distracted by the newest Batman video game. When he's not fighting crime in Gotham, he is working on important scientific tasks. Though his explanations are ongoing, I never quite grasp the concept of floating light particles, refracting lasers, or anything with multi-photon spectroscopy in the sentence. Bleh!!


Ellen is considering leaving me! She is debating (nothing is final) moving up to Charlotte in the next few months. She says she wants the opportunities offered by a bigger city, as she is not feeling patient enough to move up the Charleston Place ladder. She never did like slow processes. Clearly she got her lack of patience from her father -the stagnant slapper. If she does move I suppose I'll be moving back in with good old mom and dad. Dad meals every night?? Oh Boy!!


As for me, well, you know. 
I have recently been toying with the idea of exercising. Usually I lay down until the feeling passes but perhaps I'll actually do something about it in the near future. Not too near though. 
I've started painting in my class now and I'm quite excited about it. My professor seems like a typical absent-minded artsy guy though. Today he told me that a photograph of a wheat field would make some one say, "Oh. Wheat field". Whereas a painting of a wheat field would in fact make someone say, "Oh. WHEAT Field!" Sure thing buddy. I had to withhold my cackle. Never an easy task.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...