Saturday, January 7, 2012

Yish! That was Cold

Hello Hello!
I'm so happy to be home, the land of sunshine. It was a lovely 70 degrees when I stepped off the plane yesterday. For the past week I've been wearing two pairs of long-johns under my corduroy pants. I had to borrow boots, socks, gloves, hats, scarves, coats, sweaters, and some purple thing they strapped around my nose and mouth. I don't EVER want to live in the tundra.

I had a great time though, despite being unaware of my extremities due to numbness and cold. Lukas was very happy to see me and spent most of my visit giggling and dancing around. He did however, force me to chop wood and stand outside at night to take pictures of the moon. I found I enjoy swinging an ax and my arms are still sore.

Things up there were very...grey.



We made a visit to the Poconos one day and found it was even colder here. I enjoyed seeing the mountains as I never see such things but the cold was just awful. There was ice on the ground. Despite this we still took one of the hiking trails about halfway before my legs locked up and I threw a polite tantrum, resulting in relocating me to a heated space.





On a warmer day, we went into the city to have brunch on an old ship from 1904. The ship had an extensive history, but more importantly, a grand dessert buffet.





We ate until we were stuffed. I was in a state of "stuffed" for the entirety of the trip. His Mom consistently prepared splendid dinners and his Dad spoiled me with delightful breakfasts including chocolate chip pancakes. We all went to Lukas' sister's house for New Years where again we ate too much and stayed up late with little Owen who has never been awake for New Years before. He was most excited and danced wildly for 20 minutes after midnight. 

We did dog walking, movie watching, eating, drinking, game playing, and yes, wood chopping. 
I'm exhausted!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...