Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Food Fest

On Sunday Lukas and I went to an "International" Foods Fair in Cardiff Bay. Except for a Greek tent, a kebab house, and someone with Samosas, it was all Welsh and Celtic foods. And meat. Lots of meat. Lukas was in heaven.
The two of us partook in a couple burgers (venison and black beef), the best pulled pork sandwich I've ever tasted (sorry Melvins), and a couple of Oggies, which are basically life changing hot pockets. An Oggie was a coal miners food. Its a rich beef or steak stew with veggies and potatoes all wrapped in a moist but flaky dough pocket. A calzone if you will. In coal mining days the Oggies had bread handels on either side so that the workers could eat the thing and then throw away the handles, all with out trying to wash the coal off of their grubby paws. Lukas and I have been upset since on account of not having Oggies on hand at all times.
Anyways, we waddled around all afternoon with bellies full of meat and a longing for more. Salah and some new friends showed up later and sat out and enjoyed the sunny day.









In other food news, Lukas and I were drugged!! I know!! The other day we met up with some friends around dinner time though Lukas and I hadn't eaten yet. By the time we left it was about 11 and we were starving but most places were closed. We ducked out of the rain into the only open restaurant we could find, a Chinese place called The Crispy Duck. We both ordered our grub to go, chicken for me, beef for him, and we talked to the nice Chinese man while someone in the back prepared our meal. The little guy was super nice and happy and a good talker. We said our goodbyes and promptly scurried through the rain and unpacked our meal in front of the T.V. 
We were raving about the food. It was so good! And the guy was so nice. And we loved the decor of the restaurant. And it was a great menu. And on and on. Long story short, we both woke up 3 hours later, just as we were, with Lukas' foot only moments away from plunging into a tray of soy sauce. We both just looked at each other and then became very frightened. Lukas didn't recognize me at first and I convinced myself someone else was in the house. I decided the chinese guy drugged us so that he could come in and steal things. I insisted Lukas check every room, which he did after a number of attempts to propel his suddenly heavy body off of the sofa. He never found anyone and all of my belongings were still in my room. I was most unamused by the situation and never went back to sleep. Lukas tells me he slept very well that night and only recently has it become funny to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...