Sunday, July 8, 2012

Pontneddfechan

Yesterday we took a day trip to Ponteddfewhatever. It was lovely. We includes Salah, the giggly friend that I adore, and Zaid, a Pakistani guy who carries his computer everywhere he goes. We were hiking a waterfall trail in the woods of this little town. We did the smallest segment of the entire waterfall route but we still hiked all day. My feet really hurt today.

Anyways, it was lush green muddy land we were hiking through and I've never seen anything like it.




 The other day I heard someone say that written Welsh looks like random keyboard banging, but Lukas insists I inform you that it is the oldest living European language.

After lunch, the three stooges decided it was a good idea to test the waters. As I was already a bit uncomfortably cold I sat out the aquarobics and given the reactions of the swarthier two, this was a good idea.






At this particular fall, Lukas reverted to his Rambo-like ways and was the only one of us to venture across the water to the rocks behind the waterfall. I was most entertained all day watching Bruce Lee swing from trees, jumping rocks, and using his arms like an extra set of legs.




The forest was strikingly green and everything was wet which normally would be off-putting however given the overcast day it was somehow a nice touch. We hiked all day and stopped several times to snack on various junk food articles. Lukas left his shoes off for a good chunk of the muddy hike and he thoroughly enjoyed the grassy glens that were found on the topside of each of the numerous waterfalls.








This is Zaid on the far left and Mr. Giggles next to Lukas. While these two were goofing around, taking phone calls and arguing about Pakistan, Lukas and I walked to the back side of one of the waterfalls. I don't have any pictures of this as the path we took was "treacherous" and I was afraid to take my bag. It was super neat though. Just like in the movies. I was however sprayed by the big blasting waterfall mist that consistently soaks everything around it. I was most unamused by my newfound damp state.

We ended our day with candy bars and a bus ride back into Cardiff. I'm exhausted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...