Thursday, July 26, 2012

Pembroke Part II

We couldn't help it. We flocked back to the coast.





Upon our arrival we promtly rented wetsuits and a big orange kayak. We intended to glide around the coast, in and out of the little bays and sea-caves. 



What the rental guy didn't warn us about were the huge waves we would encounter and how to navigate in what I considered to be white water rafting material. It was so rough that I got sea sick and Lukas fell out of the kayak. That's me sacked out and thinking happy thoughts.


My little arms were so exhausted trying drag us through the water and though Lukas surely exerted more strength than I did, a number of times I would look back while paddling for my life and see Lukas staring up at the cliffs like a turkey. We made it about a mile and a half before we threw in the towel. We agreed to try this again on a calm day before we were harshly informed that this WAS a calm day. I'd still try it again, after months of intensive arm training. 

We came in and suffered through a particularly unappetizing dinner before watching the sunset.


The next day we set out to hike to Porthgain, a nearby fishing town. We enjoyed the cliff-y scene and I partook in my usual acrobatics.





Here we have Lukas self-consciously leaving the girls room. The mens room was full and he waited a good 15 minutes before he gave in.


We did finally make it to Porthgain. It's an adorable little town with 30 full time residents. We had a quick snack before bus-ing it back to Cardiff.






No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...