Monday, July 2, 2012

Foresty Things

I'm going to be honest. I am unamused by this place.
It's very pretty. There's a lot of green around, which you may not know is my favorite color. Darker greens though. I'm no lime green gal. There are lots of trees and pretty flowers, which you may not know are my favorite things- among celebratory baking and philosophical talks with Buddy.

I'm just so cold! It cold here man! It's raining right now!! Come on!!!!
I've been wearing the same pair of dirty, stretched out, haven't-been-washed-since-before-that-drunk-girl-spilled-vodka-on-them-in-Greece, jeans for four days now. I smell like an alcoholic. I have no other pants. Well, I have some kicky white linen pants but lets be realistic. So maybe I failed the Wales portion of my Leisure Club packing test.






During the dry spells, Lukas walks me around to various castles, churches, and large grassy openings. I think he feels bad about the weather and is afraid I will hate Wales forever because of it. Well.....
Only kidding. Yesterday was a very nice sunny day however I never left my bedroom on account of being so cold in bed, I assumed it was worse outside. I'm staying in a grotesquely purple bedroom belonging to a little Irish girl who has gone home for the summer. Lukas is currently homeless actually as he was staying with a friend until yesterday whereupon he was to move into his new apartment. He was informed yesterday by the realty that despite him signing a contract 4 months ago, they agreed to let the current renter stay another 2 months. They found a temporary apartment for him, on the other side of town that he can move into today or tomorrow. Needless to say, I've been in my warm bed for two days, avoiding rain and angry Lukas and his swarthy band of homeless roommates.

In more positive news, I have in fact met Lukas' ethnic friends and I like them very much. I particularly enjoy Salah who is from Jordan and giggles more than I do. This coming weekend the three of us are renting a car a driving up to Scotland. I'm very excited about this. Mostly because I believe it is currently warmer up north. I will begin taking pictures once I dig out my camera charger and buy some rain boots. And maybe a hat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...