Tuesday, October 23, 2012

I Guess I Was Faking

There's nothing wrong with me- aside from the obvious. Them doc's din fine nutin wrong wif my head.

Not that I was hoping for disaster but I'm a bit disappointed that there is no explanation for my thunderous throbbing head pain. Also, I was hoping there would be an empty void in the section where "concern and motivation" resides so that I might have an excuse for my disregard to what's expected of me. Alas, I am healthy in the head region. No excuses.

What we did learn however, is that my blood sugar is a little too high. I tell ya, I'm a fat kid on the inside. Dad scolded me for only eating white starches and sugar and never exercising. He told me I was going to have to change my lifestyle and start being healthy. I told him I had no time to exercise as I don't get home from work until 8. He told me I would "quit my crappin' job" if I have to. T'was the most serious face I've seen on my old man for some time now. He promptly went out and bought me twenty-four bottles of water, notifying me that I like drinking out of bottles more than cups. Since then, I have made a small effort to eat less sugar and drink my bottles of water. I had three of 'em yesterday. That's a record. I even did a sit-up last night, curling forward for another handful of popcorn. Only joking. It was kettle corn.

Perhaps this just the mildly alarming push I need to stop living like Rosie O'Donnell. Perhaps I'll better myself and become the newest fitness sensation. Ahaha!!

On another note. I was thinking about people's perceptions of themselves and I realized something extraordinary. When I picture me, as a noun, like you would a lamp or a door, I picture this little girl.


If you don't recognize her, she played a nerdy, fat little girl on a sitcom a few years ago. Her name was Tina and she was cute and you liked her in a dejected kind of way- the way you like basset hounds. Now I know I don't actually look like her but it's my perception of myself say, when I'm walking down the street or grocery shopping. I have one friend who pictures himself as a clothespin. See, I don't sound so strange now do I?

Do you see yourself differently from your real appearance? I suppose everyone does in some way or another but I feel like this little girl, looking up at my professors from my seat, driving past cops on the highway, learning to juggle potatoes in a roadside fruit stand. I think this is why I don't accept people who take me seriously. I mean come on. What if you saw her out in a field sorting pumpkins with Mexicans?

Food for thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...