Sunday, October 7, 2012

Last Week

...was a good'in. Actually it was mostly miserable but two things made it superiorly acceptable. To start with, I rode in a helicopter.


Live 5 news came to the farm to film our corn maze from overhead. The two Russian goobers that were flying the chopper had an extra seat and so Erik called me over and stuffed me in. This was one of those tiny whirlybirds with no doors. Two people from the news station rode in the back and I sat up front with the pilot, desperately clenching my seatbelt while my legs hung outside, dangling over the congested town of Mt. Pleasant. There is nothing in those things to hold on to. It's literally your seat, a windshield, and air. I did get to wear one of those official looking earphone microphone walkie-talkie rigs and I otherwise sat a still as a statue. I was supposed to lean to the side when we turned but seeing as that would mean leaning out of the copter I simply chose to mentally lean. It was a short little ride. Just long enough for me to get comfortable with the idea before we landed. I'm really excited about it. I'm ready to go again!! Alas I'll just have to wait for next years corn maze.

And numero 2...Mattie came to visit!!


She was just here for two nights but she got to meet Ellen, Chris, and Jared as well as some "friendly" local dudes who found her artsy glasses to be very attractive. We went out and showed her around and stuffed our faces with good food. Mostly she and I whined about how much we miss Greece and we re-told each other stories we were both present for. We probably annoyed everyone else but Oh to have a tiny piece of my summer back here for a moment.

All that said, this week is mid-terms.


But don't worry, doesn't look like I have any. Slipshod school.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...