Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Only Tricks. Never Treats!!

Guess who was foiled again by her relentless and cold university?

I missed the memo that made it legal to change contractual agreements after a victim signs them. I also missed the one that made it legal to not tell them you have done so. Boy am riled up!!

Here I am, a helpless pre-diabetic, longing for freedom and halloween candy, and they just stuck it to me. Turns out, my heart wrenchingly beautiful study abroad program didn't count!! Ok it counted but still. Without boring you with details, I merely received "hours" for the courses I took over there. I didn't receive "credit" for them. What does this mean? It basically says, "yep, you sat through two classes. We recognize your time spent with these 6 'hours' for your transcripts."
It should say, "We recognize that you completed a course on photography and therefore are proficient in photography basics. Here are 6 'credits' acknowledging your standing in the Photographic Educational Scale."

Heres the kicker. Pre-departure, I presented the Head of the Art Department with a document stating that my Greek course is equal to and will take the place of the College of Charleston Photography one class. He signed it and I flocked off to paradise - to study of course. On Saturday I attempted to sign up for classes for my concluding semester of serving time and alas, I'm missing the prerequisite to take Photography 2. Pardon?

Apparently the Art Head went back and changed my form to give me elective credit for both of my courses. I saw a copy of it. He scratched it out with his fine, black-ink ballpoint pen. Casually rolling over the only chance I had at furthering my photographic education. I hope he feels guilty.
So now I have to choose 2 of 3 classes for next semester and to be honest (though equally dramatic) I truly can't decide which ones are less offensive. I really don't know what to do.

The only good thing to come out of this is my ability to begin writing my Riches to Rags story upon completion of all things school.

Anyways.                                              Happy Halloween!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...