Saturday, October 20, 2012

Sniffles, Bistros, and MRI's


Much has happened since we've been home. Ellie Bells has gotten a new job managing at Med Bistro. She was offered quite a good deal with a flexible schedule and good pay and she seems pretty excited about it. She just had her first day on Thursday and says everyone is nice and it all seems pretty laid-back. Thats about all the information I got out of her. You know how she is.

Dad has had a bad case of the sniffles, coughing, and irritability. He feels better now although it seems he has potentially passed it to Mom. Ellen and I have been avoiding their germy residence on the grounds of not wanting to fall ill.

In an effort not to alarm you, I have not mentioned the headache I've had for three weeks and the past month I've spent rather dizzy and mildly disoriented. I'm sure I'm fine. Though I am disinclined to seek out medical advice, I reluctantly visited Dr. Blasé who suggested I have vertigo. He says its very common...in people over 60. He can't however explain my headache so he scheduled me for an MRI.

This past week I visited the radiology place for my Big Head Scan. I filled out all the paper work, took off all my metal jewelry, and had avoided food for four hours prior, just like they asked. When I got there a big guy named Scott lead me through the office and told me all the crap I needed to know. Then he put me in a big green chair, rolled up my sleeve, and tourniquet-ed me. "What are you doing!!?", I shrieked. Apparently they give you an IV so they can squirt dye into your arm mid-scan to help them see the pictures better. "Well ok." I said, hesitantly. It wasn't 15 seconds after he punctured my arm that I got hot and woosey. Gosh I felt bad. I could hear Scott talking but I couldn't understand him. "Are you alright? he asked. "Yeah!" I barked, trying to be tough. He asked me if I wanted to lay down. I stood up and followed Scott out of the room.

And then I woke up. There were six people staring down at me on my operating table. I was hot and damp and covered in wet towels. Apparently I walked into the hallway and just dropped. Scott had to scoop me up and carry me like a baby to the table. I felt much better once I woke up and became so embarrassed by the scene I caused that I immediately reverted to giggling. Despite insisting I was fine, Scott followed me around, staying behind me with his arms in a cage shape ready to react. I think I put Scott on edge. The rest of the scan went fine and I found that I enjoyed the solitude and soothing rumble of the big scanning machine. I continued giggling throughout my scan and I wondered if my vibrating head would ruin the pictures.

I guess we'll find out on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...