Thursday, November 8, 2012

Battles n' Things



I've not mentioned that it is a frigid November. I've been sitting in my car at work in-between helping spiteful Yankees pick out produce. We've busted out our winter coats, long-johns, and thick socks. Speaking of which, for the first time since probably elementary school, I have purchased a pair of winter shoes. I'd forgotten what it's like to have warm feet when it's cold outside. I know that sounds stupid. I chose to believe that refusal to conform to Winter's harsh demands would create a shorter, warmer winter (it worked in 2007). Anyways, I have thick sturdy boots to help me through         tree-baggin' season. How exciting.

The point of todays rant centers around a cold as equally distressing as the weather. Every year (just before the Christmas tree-baggin' season) Boone Hall has one of those blasted battle reenactments. Let me point out, we only let this happen because we have a plot of land large enough and get paid for it, otherwise every staff member around hates this production. These are the meanest bunch of racist, sexist people. They come in and take over. They camp out for a week, building fires and "getting into character" and boy are they bossy. They completely degrade the Mexicans which breaks my heart and really makes my blood boil. They also sneer at us female workers, telling us not to work too hard and that we belong indoors. (Actually I find that a bit amusing). Last year one of them wouldn't even let me onto the farm because he didn't believe that I work there. He said, "Excuse me little lady. Where you think you tryin to get to?" Little lady!!! Oh No he didn't!!- but thanks for calling me little. Not a one of 'em says please or thank you.

In other news,



There isn't any other news. I've been in my school bubble. My classes are winding up and therefore encumbering me with even more drudgery and “take home tasks”. That’s was really sends me. Take home tasks. I expect to be left alone when I go home. School is for schoolwork. Home is for me time. Me time includes anything from napping to googling to even leaving my home for social outings or grocery shopping. I love grocery shopping.


Anyways, I have to make a short film for my art class final. My shriveled, Californian professor poo-pooed my first idea saying “like, I think... everyone’s gonna get it, like, right away. So maybe you need, ..…like what’s adding variety to your idea?”. So now I have enlisted the help of my Mexican loves for a new idea. A new idea focused on their beaming white smiles and full-o-character faces. A new idea consisting of conventional but metamorphic things. I'll let that artistically profound statement simmer with you a while. And I'll throw in this picture of my water bottle so I can really seem convoluted and imaginative. Or perhaps deep and expressionistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...