Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Well Well

I found this picture from our pluff mud days! Oh how this gives me spring fever!


I also found this one of my SCAD buddies that just puts me in stitches every time.


Those are off topic.

I just noticed I've hardly done any posts this month. It's been a rushed month if you ask me. Which means it's about time for me to start complaining about a lack of free time. I don't have any free time!!

I do like my new place of employment though. My boss Val, is super laid-back and easy going. I hit the jackpot with this lady. I've enjoyed learning about the furniture and decorative bee-bob world and have now taken it upon myself to beat my own instated sales goals. My old man is quite the salesman you know. I wanna see if I have it in me. This past Saturday I went and worked for ole Boone Hall at the Southeastern Wildlife Festival. I was standing around smiling, answering farm questions, and giving out jelly samples. Did I ever tell you the farm makes jelly? It was outside in Marion Square and boy was it cold. I was immensely unamused and in denial for most of it.

As for school news, I have yet to complete an entire week of classes. I keep skipping. Or my profs cancel. Think. It's senoiritis mixed with lauraitis. This semester didn't stand a chance. I'm very interested in seeing if I can make it through the whole semester without ever going to every class but I have chosen against it out of fear of my impending Registrar letter that will tell me I can't graduate. I still haven't heard from them. Maybe it's a good thing? Also I am really struggling in my writing class. How can that be? you ask. With such riveting entertainment provided here, surely you can write a story or two? Well you would think. But I CAN'T. I can't. While I am enjoying the class, I have learned that there is a very distinct difference between story telling and story making. I'm no maker. I have to present a short story to my class next thursday and boy do I have nothing.

In Ellen news, she has completed her course in basic Real Estate and had her first day working for the man yesterday. I mean Dad by the man. Not The Man. Although him too. She seems tickled by it for now but we shall see. In more important Ellen news, she is now an official first time homeowner. She "bought" a little place in the neighborhood across from the Pig. She's very excited about it. She's rendering me homeless.

Speaking of which, a family has moved in next door and because their cars never move, Mom has decided that they are starting a meth lab. She insists the stationery vehicles are a sign of this somehow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...