Monday, July 15, 2013

Last Night

I interrupted what has become the Ellen show to make my family go outside after dinner to take just one picture. Sure, it's a mildly embarrassing photo but fact of the matter is, we often sit around the house this way and carry on conversations of relative seriousness.
Bringing a camera into the situation changed everything. Dad suddenly got a case of the giggles and couldn't maintain his composure. Mom didn't want to walk into the yard for fear of the neighbors seeing her in this get-up.  I asked for a simple stone-faced, line-up shot. It proved to be nearly impossible.


As I put this together now, it's just hit me how bizarre we are. I sat here this whole time aware of the silliness but content to imagine the chuckles that will escape your lips when you see it. Do you think other families do this kind of thing? Are we really weird? I grew up this way. This is normal right?

Either way. Look at as us struggling not to smile.





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...