Wednesday, July 31, 2013

This Summer, Man. I Tell Ya

Mattie came home from Greece early.

and SINCE Mattie came home from Greece early, we will not be going on our Irish Adventure together. We had planned to meet in Ireland, post-Greece, so that we might have a little Adventure time together. She's got some friends over there from home that we were going to meet up with.

and SINCE we will not be going on our Irish Adventure, it seems I am the only one booked on a flight to Dublin this afternoon.

This summer, man. I tell ya.

Alas I am headed out anyways. I've been expecting adventure all summer and I WILL HAVE IT!! I've met two of the Mattie friends before and they are nice girls. I'm sure I'll be fine.

This seems sudden you say? Well I've been fearful of updating you folks on my travel plans as they keep changing drastically so quickly. Which is why I am going today. No if's, ands, or buts! Be it knives in my carry-on, I'm getting on this plane!

So I've said goodbye to Ellen and Buddy and dock time and afternoon naps. I've packed my backpack, charged my camera, and checked everything off of my lists. Worst of all I've had to say goodbye to this. My safe, warm home, filled with chocolate, cackling, and dog fur.

On the bright side, I'll have real stories and pictures to entertain you with. None of this, desperate, scrounging up something to report back to you. 
No, I'm not sure when I'm coming back but I've lost so much money on missed and cancelled flights that I don't have near as much to live off of as before. Mom is very happy about this as it means I will be coming home sooner. Mom hates when I leave as she has no one to talk to. Dad hates when I leave because there's no one around to talk to his wife for him. Yes yes I'll be back. I know my duties.

What's Irish and stays out all night?

Patty O'Furniture. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...