Thursday, July 11, 2013

Shut Up Already!!

Sometimes I get tired of hearing myself talk on this blog. I went back a read a big chunk of it the other day and it was a lunch date with a pessimistic chatterbox.

On that note, I was just explaining to Mom how my departure from the educational world has lead me to discover that I am in fact quite the happy person. Who knew? While I am excruciatingly bored each day, I have come to find that staring out at the world through a window is still far more satisfying than any schoolwork I was ever assigned. I like following Mom around the house from laundry to dishes to a little internet time. Oh your running errands? I'll come too! I've ridden around in the car with Dad, had dinner at Ellen's, and had so much fun at Wal-Mart the other day that I couldn't control my laughter as I made my way through the peanut aisle. I realize this means I'm crazy but by taking away any purpose or job to do, you leave me with only my thoughts. And since I can't stand those, I prefer to watch myself descend into lunacity, deranged and frenzied and convinced there is something funny about trail-mix.

Fortunately Ari is here this week for a visit. We had our traditional Surf Bar date on Tuesday and spent yesterday making brown sugar ice cream and chocolate chip cookies. Homemade ice cream sandwiches was the goal, though I had to go home for dinner before we could assemble them. Today we plan to drive to North Charleston and stare at things we can't afford to buy.

In the meantime I've been enjoying some dock time.




I've rediscovered one of my favorite party tricks.


And found this place in Bora Bora where I'd really like to have breakfast.


I think I'm having some kind of optimistic and encouraging meltdown. Maybe someone should check on me in a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...