Saturday, August 17, 2013

City And Color

Wales is such a colorful place. Mostly this is because of the abundant displays of weeds and flowers but also the light here just seems to make colors deeper. Blue blues and green greens. Cars, people, signs- there's color everywhere. Just like Charleston. I attempted to go into the city part of the city to take pictures but you know, a city is a city and people are busy and trying to get places. The difference here is that people will wait patiently for you to take a picture even though you're blocking up the sidewalk. In New York they push past you and grunt and wish horrible things upon you. But being the way I am, I still feel very guilty holding up things to take pictures, so I don't. I steal a picture here and there when I can press my body up against the side of a building, pull out my camera, point, shoot, and run away.

As I've mentioned, there is an abundance of green space here. I don't mind at all capturing these open areas thus, I show you the same pictures over and over. So anyways, the first pictures are the burbs. Last year, I told you all of the houses are the same, built all at once during the industrial area. Moving out of the city center takes you through a maze of these houses. It's easy to get turned around because they all look the same!!




 I'm thrilled by the gardens and flowers and pretty girlish things. I walked to town yesterday to have lunch with Lukas and we sat in the grass behind his office building. It just so happened to be full of flowers and trees, a monument to something war related, and a number of pigeons and squirrels.





The city consists mostly of ornately styled buildings. There are just a few big bland rectangular buildings. These are Lukas's science labs and nerd buildings. Most everything else; hotels, stores, train stations, restaurants, museums, etc are elaborately designed or somehow Charlestonlike. I wandered into the shopping area yesterday and was so overwhelmed by the crowds and noise that I ran away almost instantly. I thought Charleston had bad mobs. I was happy to run off though. We were meeting friends in the park for barbecue.








No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...