Sunday, July 6, 2014

Dwellings

I've checked out of RuPaul's guesthouse and relocated myself and my belongings to Omar's. Marmar is out of town for the next (almost) three weeks so I'm holding down his fort free of charge. It's thrilling to have a space of my own. I have my own tiny kitchen and living room. Oh, and in case you were wondering, I never once saw Nina.

Now that Marmar is out of my way, I can really transform his home. I've got so many ideas! But that will come later     ...after I pick up a dishwashing job for a bit of extra cash. Or perhaps tap-dancing on street corners.

I've gotten photographic evidence of my previous and new whereabouts just as you've asked. I'll start with my old room. Ta-Da!!


This is where I've been living. It was a perfectly reasonable space in a nice new house but I tried to stay in there always. I had a shelf in the fridge and a cubby in the freezer. I'd wait until David left for "work" and come downstairs and make egg sandwiches for breakfast. I'd wash my pots and dishes by hand and then put them right back where I found them. Davina (that's David and Nina put together) have two precious blue steelers and I love them. It hurt me to leave them. They would charge towards me when I came in and jump and lick my face. If Dave was around he would restrain them while I ran upstairs. The pups and I would sit on the patio in the morning and talk about life. They told me that Buddy isn't mad that I'm gone but that he does miss his gal.

Gosh literally everyone in Portalnd has a dog. There is one dog on the street for every two people. It kills me. I have to stop myself from running up and squeezing the dogs and rolling around on the sidewalk with them. I miss Buddy so much.

Marmar's place is on a smaller, woodsy version of King Street. It's called Mississippi Avenue and it's known for it's restaurants and music venues. It's exciting being this close to things and when I need something, I just go downstairs, open the door, and the world is at my feet. The place is dangerously close to a pod of Food Trucks.
The apartment is very small but it has everything you need, high ceilings and lots of windows. There is also a cute little balcony with a view of some roofs and mountains.





 I mostly use the balcony to spy on other residents. A bunch of them smoke lots of weed and talk about going back to school in the fall. There is one frightening looking man who I noticed walks in and out of his unit all day and yesterday, put a sensationally noisy miter saw in the courtyard where he made shelves for hours. It went on until about 8:30 at night and there is no AC here so you have to keep the windows open.

These two were having an argument.


I realize I shouldn't listen and take pictures but if you're gonna do it in public, you're setting yourself up. First rule of people watching.
It also doesn't help that I was raised by a woman who keeps binoculars under the window so she can look at "the view."

So it's just me again for a while. I'm waiting on my rock climbing friend to get back to Portland and also a girl I used to work with who I still haven't told I'm here. I don't know why I haven't called her.
I'm excited to see her! Maybe I'll do that today. It's amazing how you can fill your time with nonsense.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...