Saturday, July 19, 2014

Parv

Remember sassy Parv from Palo Alto? Parvy came to visit me for a few days last week and we ate our way around the city.
We had tacos, waffles, hearty steaks, berry salads, ice cream, soft pretzels, and Thai food. We met an old SCAD friend, did laundry, discovered a beach, and found ourselves at a farmers market where I unearthed the largest zucchini I've ever seen. I enjoyed having some company and Parv amused me with her many tales of dates gone awry. I'm not quite sure how she finds these gentlemen.









The day has finally come and I'm leaving Portland in exchange for a menopausal comedy roadshow with Aunts; Georgia and Carolyn, and my dear sweet mama who I can't wait to see. I'll show up in Boise tomorrow night and us gals are going to drive up to Canada. How about that?

You know. This whole blog started so many years ago when Georgia and Bill moved away because I was hoping to make them homesick and move back to Charleston. The blog is in fact named after the response I get when I tell Georgia about my life. 
"Aunt Georgia! I'm going to Greece!" I'd exclaim. "Awe geez." she'd reply with a roll of the eyes.
"Georgie I dropped out of college!"
"Aunt Georgia, I'm going to start a goat farm!"
"You know Georgie, an off season ticket is only $800."

No matter what I say, "Awe. Geez."
It's like she finds me exhausting or something. I write each post as though I'm speaking to just the two of them which now makes me feel awkward announcing my visit. They already know I'm coming. Who am I writing to now?

I'm excited to finally see Aunt Georgia and Uncle Bill's log cabin I've heard so much about. 
And then I'll tell them all about their trip on their blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...