Saturday, September 10, 2011

Bleh!








 Fine! I won't drop out of school but I am not happy about this! As a quick scholastic update, my English professor can't read and one of the nerds from the Big Bang Theory is teaching me math. There is much to be done. I've been trying to teach myself about molecular bonds because my Bio teacher thinks the best way to learn is to read it yourself (lazy prof).  Molecular Bonds?? I would not mind an explanation. Meanwhile I'm swimming upstream in a sea of perky college girls all bouncing to class with a phone on their ear and big bag slung over their arm. I try to scowl when I walk now. Just on principle.

As for Lukas, "The Last Visit" was quite brief. He left Tuesday after my class so he was only here 4 days. We did the usual walking, dining, and jet skiing. We had the high-strung croquet party and a few good dinners with Mom and Dad. There was one day I had to go to the library to write a paper for my English class so of course Lukas came with me. While I was working he managed to dig up a copy of "Physics Today" and was more then enthralled with its pages. He continuously interrupted my work in 5 minute intervals to explain to me the physics behind stained-glass. Yes. I believe the term is nanoplasmonics. Needless to say it took a while for me to get my work done. It was a short but delightful visit and he is now home filling out forms for his visa. He leaves in 2ish weeks for Wales.

In other news, it's starting to cool down here. Despite the fact that Charleston smells like a hot barn in the summer, I'm not sure I'm ready for cold weather. Oh how I hate being cold. Ellen however, is quite excited about it. She has been snippy on account of her lack money. Her one client decided they didn't have enough money for a trainer and now Ellen is once again client-less.  I'm sure if she's patient she'll be fine however I'm having to deal with extra girl emotion. Yick!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...