Thursday, September 29, 2011

Good Grief


Well. Among other things, last week was horrendous.  My saga is much too much to type but just know that I better get some kind of reward for this someday!!!

In more relevant news, Lukas has made it safely to Wales. He is five hours ahead of us and therefore is somehow always available to talk when I come home.  I've seen a lot of this lately...


He is all settled in to his little cell of a room but he likes it so far and is tickled to have a real office with a real desk. "I've never had a desk before!", he says. He likes the people he'll be working with and he is most unamused by the all the new undergraduate freshmen who are having Welcome Week right outside of his window. He says he has contracted "Freshers Flu" from them as he has a sore throat and sniffle.

Mom and Dad took Ellie and me out for her birthday where Ellen was serenaded by the waitstaff at Outback Steakhouse. Ha! She was most embarrassed. Afterwards we returned home for yet another birthday cake.

 I have been working quite a bit lately. It's been a frenzy over at the job site as the pumpkin patch is now open requiring people to work in it. I now work everyday except Mondays and Thursdays.  Though I would rather work than go to school, I do have school work to do you know. I haven't had time for homework lately, not that I mind. I've discovered that not doing assignments is quite liberating and gives me a sense of control of things. I know, I know. I won't make a habit of it, I'm just saying. Now I understand those flunkies you see that still make good grades. Also, as a fun fact, for the first time ever, I got up and walked out of a class. Oh how thrilling!! It was doing me no good to be there and I was hungry so I left and got lunch. Don't scold me. I know. It won't happen again. 

As for news on the home front, Grandma is planning a joint Ellen-Jordan birthday party this Saturday. She's working herself into the usual frenzy about it but is otherwise quite excited. Ellen has left the world of fitness to work at the Charleston Place Hotel. For now she is just hosting at the Cafe inside but she's got her foot in the door of expensive lodging and she may "move up" in 90 days. Also, she gets a hefty discount on the rooms there and a helpful discount at all other sister properties, including the hotel on the Amalfi Coast. Ellen pulled out the brochures and started scheming right away.


I took home the sunflowers that I didn't sell this weekend. I had two products for sale. Watermelon wedges and sunflowers. I tired to deter people from buying the sunflowers so that I could take them home.  I couldn't get people to buy the last of my wedges. I began handing them out for free telling people simply that I wanted to go home.




We've also recently started selling North Carolina Mountain Apples. I've been bringing home the rejects.


Also, as a sweet mushy note Lukas sent me a little happy bouquet of flowers on account of my blatantly offensive week.


I am off finally this afternoon and I have a nap scheduled for 3:30. Don't mind if I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...