Saturday, June 30, 2012

A Final Note

As I am now in the tundra my focus will shift to green things, mountains, and heavy, gravy filled meals. I am still running on my Greece high and I believe I have offended Lukas with my despondency to all things not Greek. As my final Greece-related note I shall inform you that I went to the movies in Athens, outside on top of a building within view of the Acropolis. It was an odd and pleasant moment. Also, I was aggressively accused of shoplifting and I shared a hostel room with a bald man with a pugnacious skin condition. All of that, mixed with being separated from Mattie and my 40 Euro taxi ride to the airport led me to be in a foul mood whilst in Athens, sitting alone in the terminal on my birthday.

In other news, it seems the sun is coming out this morning which is quite the big deal in these parts. I shall supply you with Welsh pictures and stories once i get good and settled in. Today Lukas and I are hiking up to an old castle. 12 miles he says. I sure hope there's a cafe inside.






No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...