Sunday, September 9, 2012

A Scholastic Update

Well to start with, this stank!!!

Mondays I have class from 9am to 10 pm. This day includes sociology, swimming, a biology lab, and painting. This is the only day I have that is quite this offensive though tuesdays, consisting of a Biology lecture and a class on contemporary art, is a close second. The rest of my week is most enjoyable as I am out by either 11 or 12 though I do go straight to work these days. My summer time -free time is gone. Just gone!

Let start with sociology. Social Change. I have an adorable little old man professor. He has a wiry white beard and Regis Philbin's accent. He so little and sweet and I just can't listen to a word he says. I don't know why. I understand the words he uses but I just don't know what the crap he wants me to take away from his ramblings. Rambling, by the way, is putting it nicely. What is it week three now? We've been trying to define globalization since day one. He gets side tracked talking about historical government sysyems and Osama Bin Laden's Citizen watch. Luckily he only gives take home tests.

My swimming class is instructed by an attractive Turkish man. The whole thing makes me very uncomfortable. I don't like attractive people. I share a lane with a very bold young lady who blatantly grunts and "Mmm's" when his shirt hem rises above his belt, exposing his tan Ken-doll torso. The suggestive comments she makes under her breath always shock me and make me giggle nervously. This mortifies me.  Every time he looks at us we're gazing up at him and giggling.

I don't care much for my Biology class but the lab is ok on account of being partnered with 4 other kids as blissfully ignorant as myself. We seem to finish last of all the other groups because we spend the entire 3 hour class period slinging insults at each other and laughing at our own cluelessness. One of the girls in my group works at Boone Hall. She works in the market cafe thus we have never seen each other nor will we. But we enjoy sharing tales about all the sweet Mexicans.

Then there's painting class. I've yet to go. Yeah yeah.

Finally I have a class who's mission is to expose us to and define contemporary art. I particularly hate this class because it's 4 hours long and I dislike contemporary art. Slide after slide of bad paintings and weird body-part sculptors. This class has two professors. One of which is short-fused and looks like a disheveled John Hamm. The other one must only be a few years older than me and though I do agree he dresses well, he seems to have all the girls in a tizzy and I just don't get it. I'm truly perplexed by this. He's a tiny little wrinkled man though I do greatly approve of his sense of humor.

There you have it. Might I remind you that we have to pay for this.
All this to be an acceptable member of society. Who are we impressing here?

Anyways...dock time.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...