Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Happy Christmas!!

Well hello there and Merry Christmas!! It seems I'm back just in time to regale you with the subdued nature of your family's Christmas party. Well what can I tell you...


I missed most of dinner as I went downtown to fetch Jared but once we arrived we sat ourselves down and listened to Ellen's most recent findings for the next Guy Family vacation. I believe she is plotting a Christmas cruise. Or was it a South American excursion? Either way she received scoffs and eye rolls from the men at the table and looks of intrigue from the gals. 




After dinner the drowsy group moved it into the den where we sat and stared at each other. We exchanged a few gifts and Grandma presented her daughters with pictures she took off of her living room walls and a couple trinkets from her coffee table. 




The best gift of all was seeing ole Jordy and Alycakes. I never see them anymore and they entertained us all with stories of classic man-tics and Key West fiascos. Later Grandma announced that she has found her most recent Bachelor for me to marry. "He's German and has pretty blue eyes." What more could you need? She spent about ten minutes digging through the phone book, trying to find out where he lives before giving up and whispering to me about his educational background. I recently wrote a little article about her incessant matchmaking. I've got to clean it up a bit before I send it out but perhaps I'll email it to y'all. 

Either way, a bathroom-humored scene from the Three Stooges brought tears to Bob's eyes and then the kids began to casually slip out. In true Guy fashion, the rip-roaring good times ended about 9:00 and the dishes were done shortly after. Tis all I have for you for now. Merry Christmas!

I just drove myself home from Florida yesterday and am desperately trying to catch up on my slumber time. It's been three days. I just can't sleep! Tomorrow I shall tell you all about the cruise and the antics that took place. 

Enjoy y'alls chilly Christmas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...