Monday, April 15, 2013

Amber and Andy











Amber and Andy are getting married. They came over Saturday and let me shove my camera in their faces to barely scrape by as "engagement" photos. I say this because I am no master photo taker. What if I blow it? What if I only catch them with one eye open or mid-sneeze or adjusting their clothes? What if I break my camera before I can even get the pictures out?? 

I've never paid any attention to Staged Couple Photos. I hate pictures where people are posing. I'd rather catch them off guard during genuine moments and reactions- which is how I end up with the pre-sneeze faces, tongues out, eyes closed etc. When they said they wanted me to take their engagement photos I became instantaneously nervous. "No no no! It's too important. Use a real person!" To be honest I still don't know the definition of "engagement photo". I think they are just Staged Couple pictures taken sometime between the proposal and dooms da...I mean the wedding. 

Thankfully Amber and Andy are extremely laid back (you have to be to put me in charge) and they allowed me the home court advantage by agreeing to taking the pictures utilizing my favorite subject of all. I have been convinced for some time now the the dock has magical powers that make everything out there radiant between 6:03 and sunset. But not in the winter.  

I took about 400 pictures of them in 20 minutes. I was nervous. They were able to finally ignore me after a few minutes and once they did that, snapping sweet photos felt as carefree as this lovely, good-humored couple. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...