Friday, April 12, 2013

Union's Lately

Oh so much has happened since I last updated you. Yes, I know and I don't intend to continue with my lengthy gaps between posts. Which brings me to my first point. Actually, I'll get to that in a minute. But first, look how lovely things are around here...




It finally feels like Spring after such a harsh week of winter we had two weeks ago. I'm tickled to see the azaleas and am impatiently waiting for the jasmine. That's the best part. 

In Union news, Dad has boycotted desserts, found a new bike, planted a garden, and begun letting Buddy out to run free through the night and hope he shows up again in the morning. On account of my lacking journalism you wouldn't know that Baxter went missing for one week and one day. Mom has been quite distressed about this and finally put up two cardboard signs. Baxter promptly returned the next morning, talking and purring, and having no interest in his Meow Mix. We believe he was being harbored as a fugitive in some old folk's home. Mom has also been on a Spring Cleaning rampage, relocating things and finding balls of Buddy hair. She insists we look at the balls of hair. I'm not sure why.

Ellen has finally closed on her house and moved in all of her crap and cats. It's a cute little place that I'll give you a tour of once she hangs pictures. Ellen had lofty goals when she first moved in. "I'm going to plant a garden here, some flowers here, I want to put this here...". She saw a wasp the other day and has since turned her back on gardening of any kind. She is enjoying working for Mr. CnU and sometimes gets to ride around in the car with the boss. On occasion he brings her home for lunch and she gets so excited to see us that she is shocked and dejected when he stuffs her back into the car 10 minutes later to go back to the office. On account of her new house being only 3 minutes away, Ellen has been showing up for dinner fairly regularly and even staying for a round or two of Shanghai- if there is ice cream involved. 

Mom cleaned off the patio for our first meal outside.








Mom forbids me the publishing of her "old" face. 

In Laura news, well let me tell you. I finally broke down an had one of those milkshakes. Just knowing there are magical gems of ice cream blobs like that just right next door to my oversized desk is both a heartbreaking and riveting thing. I have not yet assessed how I will coexist with this knowledge as I now crave the icy chill of that first drop of frozen cream on my hot tongue, the bewilderment of finding a perfectly sized chunk of Oreo cookie just waiting to be crushed between my teeth and carried delicately down my throat. Gosh I'm drooling a little. 

I have approximately one-ish week of school left. I am oddly calm about the whole thing and simply feel as though I have a week until Spring Break or something equally as inconsequential. This does not feel like the end and while I am more than tickled that it's almost over, I feel no sense of relief or accomplishment. I have however decided to sell my Graduation tickets for flight booking purposes. People pay a lot of money for those things. I told Dad this is the only money I will ever make off college. I have also decided that instead of Graduation I would like everybody to go to the beach for sunshine, burgers, and a celebratory margarita. You're all welcome to come.


I have one more drawing, two more paintings, and a "reading performance" to partake in before I'm finished. I have the day off today which has not happened since February 2nd- not that I'm counting. The Boone Hall strawberries are here and ready for picking and the Mt. Pleasant housewives are redecorating for Spring. Busy stuff. 

As for today, I've decided to bake a carrot cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...