Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Finally Fall

It's never felt like Fall in the Fall before but it sure does now. As I recall from the Boone Hall days, October provided some of the hottest days of the year. It's cold now. Well, not cold per-say, but I need a jacket when I wake up in the morning and that's enough for me. I love Fall for it means that Thanksgiving and Christmas are just around the corner. I just love those. This is also the first time I've ever been excited about cooler weather. I'm real tired of worrying about my heat index.

The downside to the cool weather is that my dock days come to a near end. It gets too cold out there for dancing, kayaking, and belly-laughs. All the marsh grass turns brown and the fiddlers burrow down for the winter. It gets lonely out there.

Alas, it has not happened yet. Right now the weather is just perfect!







In family news, Mom and I have decided that it is my dusty bedroom that has lead me to having a cold since I've been back from Wales. I have had a cold for twenty-two days. So we've been going through my room and throwing out dusty childhood relics and any and all school related papers. We are 75% finished with this job. I really do feel better already. I could breathe through my nose when I woke up this morning. We take that for granted. I've never been a mouth breather. It naturally closes when I think and sleep. I keep waking up gasping for air because my mouth closed itself.

That's off topic. So Mom and I are good. Ellen is in her standard frenzy about life and Dad has been extraordinarily busy. I've probably spent an hour with him total since I've been back -this excludes game and meal times. Things should be calming down for him very soon though. I also haven't seen much of Chris as he too, has been a busy fella.

Also, I've had an epiphany about life. It's a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...