Monday, September 9, 2013

Yacht Club

Saturday we went to the Yacht Club to celebrate Denny's 50th birthday. You don't know Denny but he's Lenny's husband. Lenny works with Dad and he is currently building Lenny and Denny's new house. Did that make them sound like a gay couple? Lenny is a woman. Dad's building their house.










We were only three docks down from ours and I wondered if Buddy would hear Dad's thunderous laughing and swim over to join the party. This is a bad habit of Buddy's. 
It was a surprise party for Denny and despite the crowd, we didn't know anybody there. We kept to ourselves mostly and watched the football game. Well, they watched the football game. I was recently explaining to my family that I dislike football season simply because no one pays me any attention. Now don't get me wrong. I'm just saying that there's a game on EVERY night... for hours.  Maybe every once in a while I would like to have a conversation with someone without interjections of "SACK EM!! SACK EM!! Get EMMM!!!!!!" 
I'd like maybe two or three games a week. I like the camaraderie and the snacks. On the other hand, the house falls into disrepair and no one fixes me dinner. Have I not informed you that it's all about me? What about me NFL?? In the end I like football season for it means the crisp Fall air is coming and I love that invigorating Autumn high. The sports related disrepair in the house becomes a cozy notion, curling up under a blanket to watch big men in tight pants chase each other and roll around in grass. 
Oh now I'm getting excited!!!

Anyways enjoy our photo-booth pictures. Can you spot the photo-bomber?
You can click on it to make it bigger.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...