Thursday, September 12, 2013

Wedding Cake

Yesterday we went for Ellen's wedding cake tasting. This makes me especially happy for two reasons.

1) I LOVE CAKE!!
2) I missed the first cake tasting.

I was in Wales when Ellen brought home a box of 9 different cupcakes to sample for her Big Day Cake. I stayed up until 2am so that I could be sykped in for the event. They put the computer at my place at the table and though I was aimed mostly at Ellen's elbow and a tub of butter, it was reminiscent of my beloved Sunday dinners.

I wanted to be there for the cake tasting for two reasons.

1) I LOVE CAKE!!
2) It's one of those one-time-only, rights of passage kind of deals. You don't miss the cake tasting or the dress shopping or the rehearsal dinner.

I was missing the cake tasting. And it made me sad. To make matters worse, rather than just keeping me up to virtually try cake, I had to watch them eat an entire dinner. It looked delicious. I'd been eating burgers and potato wedges for weeks. The short ribs, hot off the grill, glistening with sizzling splendor, fell right off the bone. Hot, melty cheese oozed over the sides of the spoon as mounds of mac n' cheese were tossed carelessly onto each plate. The bright green of string beans blinded my eyes. The butter melted into liquid gold.
And so they ate. And I watched as their mouths filled with culinary wonder.

This time, I was there. And I ate cake. Gosh it took 15 minutes of yapping about shapes and designs before the lady brought out the good stuff. Twelve different flavors.
Ellen snapped before and after shots of our sugar platter.



And since Dad was out of town we skipped making dinner and ate leftover cake from Mom's, Oh SHOOT!!!

Happy Birthday Mom!!
Aww this makes me mad. I said. I said on. her. birthday. "I'm gonna post about it!"
And I forgot!!! I know I did a post that day. Was that when I was rambling about church? Man. I'm a jerky kid.

Happy Birthday Moppy!!!! What would my life be without you? You silly woman you.




1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...