Monday, November 25, 2013

Food Glorious Food

We didn't skip Thanksgiving this year, which makes me very happy. On Sunday Giggles and Dave and Granny and G-Bob came over for the fall feast. I neglected to take any pictures for you. I forgot about that duty entirely until we were almost done eating and Mom insisted I should have taken pictures before, when our plates looked nice. "Now they look gross" she said. Either way, you can imagine the turkey and gravy and all that heavenly goodness. Jordan and Alston were both too busy to come and acknowledge us family members though Ellen and Chris did come over and slump with us.

I did take one photo. Dave found a hilariously offensive comedy sketch that brought tears to Bob's eyes.
Gosh I love that face.


In other news, Grandma casually approached me and asked, "Laura, have you decided who you want to marry?"
I was a bit caught off guard by her statement and thought I could surely dismiss the conversation with a "Can't say that have." and a polite smile.
"Well are you talking to anyone?" she pressed.
"Umm. Well... I...not really." I replied.
"Hmm." she grunted and thought for a minute. "You need to go ahead and get married."
"Oh but I have so much I want to do before then!" I told her, intentionally upping my enthusiasm so she'd let off my case.
Her face dropped. "Like what?" she asked humorlessly.
"Well I don't know. Adventures. Road trips. I want to live somewhere else for a while. Travel. All those fun, young person things. You know?" I declared, suddenly second-guessing what I thought I'd always known for sure.
"Well, that's fun and all but you know what else is fun? Having babies. That's real fun."
And then she just looked at me. "Great grand-babies." she whispered with bug eyes and a maniacal smile.

I don't think she cares who I marry. I don't think she even cares IF I'm married. I'm old news. Her grandchildren aren't enough anymore. She wants new babies. New victims.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...