Friday, November 22, 2013

Sandwiches, Concerts, and Creepy Little Children

First of all, I went to an Avett Brothers concert last week. This probably means nothing to you but it's the highlight of my life so far. Among other things.


The day after the concert I was forced to babysit Finn and a friend as the two Moms were headed to a different concert of their own. I mentally prepared myself for the wrath of two seven year old boys and in turn, they where quite happy, albeit, rambunctious littlens. They mostly ignored me once the friend observed and inspected me and decided I was ok. He put his little hand on my shoulder, looked me in the eyes and said, "I like you."
Shortly after that, while watching a movie, he climbed into my chair with me. He sat behind me with a leg on either side of my hips and held on to my waist. He said nothing and simply continued to watch tv. While it struck me as a nice notion, I instantly stiffened up and stared forward. Had this been a grown man I had just met 30 minutes before I would have been wildly uncomfortable. 


In exceptionally exciting news, I got my boss to agree to naming a sandwich after Ellen! We now proudly serve the Mt. Saint Ellen's Spicy Crunch Wrap.



It's been through a few changes since I got him to agree on the name but initially it was the very sandwich Ellen has been making for herself since childhood. With pickles and chips inside! I was delighted when I saw it on his idea board and I insisted it be named after our beloved Mt. Saint Ellen. It's one of our specials this week and if people like it, it will go to the full time menu. Anyone who orders it from me receives a short dissertation on it's origins and fun facts about my sister. I leave out the part about her receiving this nickname on account of her inability to keep baby formula down. Somehow I think that would be off-putting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...