Friday, February 21, 2014

Little Nuggets

In case you're keeping track, Ellen ditched me on date night. I found out she was only going because she wanted a burger and so I refused to go. Someday. Someday she will love me.

Life continues on its usual fashion over here. I've been doing some scheming with Mattie from over in Madrid and we are working out some summer plans. In addition to the Mattie plans, I'm going off for some solo adventuring. I find this scary and also, not ideal but when all your friends have Big Kid jobs and motivation, you end up on your fat butt all by yourself seeking out life's sweeter things.

While I work that out, I've been mastering my Lego technique, hiding AND seeking, enduring tantrums and mommy meltdowns, and fixing hundreds of peanut butter sandwiches. I'm not going to lie. Kids are the pits. Where does your life go after kids show up? I get to cash him in at the end of the day and I STILL feel this way.


My sweet folks have been enduring some tantrums as well, but because they are coming from me, I like to think of them more as informative, Andy Rooney-style monologues, backed by truth and humor. I've been a complete grump all winter. It's embarrassing. And I don't mean it. I'm just in a slump.

Here are some blurry photos from our romantic family Valentines Day. Shambles had to work that night so Ellen spent the Day of Love with us, who spent it with ole Giggles and Dave. During this outing we watched the Olympics, laughed about old times, and created Marvel Comics newest hero; SuperJew.



To spice up my dull workweek, I hang out with musical Julie and friends. They are an odd, fun group of people who never stop drumming, strumming, and humming. They write melodies while we drive to restaurants, create percussion solos with water glasses and silverware, drumming on plates and tables. They'll take a breather to discuss local musicians, coming up with improvements to their sounds and methods. Then they'll discuss unicorns and fire breathing dragons. And usually, we'll come home to a drum circle. As one of three non-musicians in the group (though they want to borrow my ukelele. Thats right. I'm so in.), they'll give me a tambourine or a shaker of sorts and put me in the corner to cackle while they play. It really thrills me. 

Editor's note: That gargantuan beer is not mine. 



The huge margarita might be. But in my defense, I asked for a small but it was a Mexican restaurant. Hate to break it to ya, but Mexicans love me. 
Don't worry. I didn't drink the whole thing. I literally could put my whole face in that glass. I saw a girl at the next table with an even bigger one. I know!! I also watched her fall sideways when she got up to leave. Luckily a brick wall was there to catch her. She played it off well.

The things people do to themselves...
How did I get to talking about this? Can you tell I wing these blog posts?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...