Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Bonfire


This past Saturday was supposed to be a big day of gut-busting fun. A day for friends, food, and music. An arena of joy. And so it was... for everyone else. I came down with a harsh sniffle that knocked me down for two days. I even had to call out of work, which -while I don't care for the institution, is not something I do. If I am two things it is a punctual and reliable employee. 

I had to miss Folly Gras. Folly Gras!! I had been excitedly scheming about the big day with everyone for weeks! And instead I stayed home, sneezing and slumping. I also had to miss an oyster roast that would have been my next option if Folly Gras hadn't been the same day. 

Enough about me though. All those other folks (Ellie, Shambles, Mom, Dad, Giggles, and Dave) attended said oyster roast and then came home and lit fire to the backyard. T'was a very hot fire and they roasted marshmallows and listened to tunes.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...