Thursday, June 7, 2012

Ferry

I'm alive!!
This place is so exciting!! I'm just about ready to move here for good. this post will be brief as I've got to go to bed soon. I have class in the morning- which is only a few hours away.

To start, I just stayed the one night in Athens were upon we partook in a grandiose Greek meal that lasted for ages. I really like all of the other kids here and we've been laughing together at all of our oddities and weird habits. We woke up at 5:30 this morning to catch the ferry to Paros. It was a really pretty ride though the wind was very cold. We all bundled up and one of the guys even borrowed my girly blue scarf.




This next picture is Abraham or "Abby" as we call him. He was in charge of rounding us all up once we got to Athens. He's an incredibly giggly fella who came here last fall for a semester and just never left. He has since learned greek, befriended every local in town, and begun working for the school. Mostly he just hangs out with us, laughing and telling us where we can find the things that we need. Otherwise, these are various unidentifiable shots of the other kids. I'll probably have to get their approval to take real pictures but that is to come later.



We got to Paros a little before noon and all settled in to our little apartments. A few of us went and had our first official gyro and how delicious they were. Abby knew the cafe owner alas we were given the royal treatment. I took just a few pictures of the main road as we walked along but we didn't have much time for me to stop and wander, taking millions of pictures of the same blue and white buildings with lush greenery. I'll make better posts later when I have more time. For now, enjoy this teaser.





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...