Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Kid Folk

I'm so sorry my colorful posts are few and far between. My main excuse is that the internet connection in my little place is only usable for about 2 hours everyday and I am usually in class during these peak moments. My other excuse is that I am so thoroughly distracted by all the excitement here that I've been moving and shaking full throttle and just crash when I finally get home at night. I admit I have not been taking care of myself. I'm not sleeping or eating my veggies. I am mostly consuming potatoes (in various forms) and fruity beverages.
I have however, developed quite the firm fanny from all the uphill climbs. All of us kids are becoming more muscular in strange places and flabby in new ones. It's mildly amusing to watch the progression. Speaking of flabby, all of my clothes are dirty and shot. Though I am provided with a washing machine here, the entire island seems to be barren of a dryer. On account of having no dryer with which to shrink my clothes, everything I wear flaps in the wind, gets stuck in the straps of my bag and or falls off when walking.

Anyways, I took pictures of my fellow delinquents (though actually I don't think I took any of these photos).

Here is everyone. Artfully gazing at the sea.



Here we are attempting to climb up hill (pre-frim fanny), only to climb way way down into a cave. 

 Here we have Alex and Frank. They are friends from New England. They are the only ones who came here knowing someone. Frank is very kind and watches over everybody. He is genuinely concerned for everyone and will do anything for you. Alex mostly sleeps all day, but she has a great sense of humor.

 Here we have good ole Mattie. Mattie has taken to constantly photographing me in an attempt to capture my numerous unattractive expressions. She must have close to 80 offensive pictures of me that she posts online for the world to see without a second thought. Mid-yawn, pre-sneeze, blatant confusion etc...


 Sitting here with Mattie and me is Colin, the least photographed one of us on the trip. Colin can best be described by the term "lugnut" which accidentally slipped out of my mouth during dinner one night and has now become his nickname. I really feel terrible about this however the acceptance of this theory was unanimous.

 The Three Stooges. Added to the group of gigglers is Karissa. The three of us are constantly being scolded and glared at by our professor and the other kids. Usually you will find the three of us on the ground, either doubled over or on all fours, shaking violently from our own simpleminded comments. Though we know the other kids like us, we also know that we are very annoying and often obnoxious. We just can't help it. Karissa has a contagious laugh that is set off by the simplest things and once one of us gets going...well...

 On the left here is Devon. She is probably the cutest person I know. She has so much zest for life and screams with excitement over the littlest things. She is the youngest of us, 18, and she has somehow managed to hang on to her childish enthusiasm. On the other end there is Kelsey, a fiery gal from southern California. She too is very funny though mostly in the scary "I don't know if you're kidding" way. Kelsey tells it like it is and will be the first one to raise an eyebrow at your behavior. Us gigglers get a big kick out of her sass though secretly I'm afraid of her.

Lastly we have the Lindseys. Well, Lindsey and Lindsy. These two have become quite close and spend most of their time together. They seem more serious than the rest of us though I know that Lindsy is here as a fun break from a bittersweet home life. Lindsey II (as we call her) seems to have the Male Dial-Out Feature. I've gotten many-a silent responses from her when she is doing other things and for my own peace of mind I pretend she just didn't hear me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...