Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Amalfi

Walk of shame morning.
I woke up quite embarrassed from the last nights events and Jared I were quite queazy about having to show our delinquent faces in the dining room for breakfast. By now we were sure word had spread to any who didn't witness the misadventure and for the first time in years I was truly humiliated. But all you can do is charge on into that dining room with a dopey smile on your face and a couple of shrugs on hand and embrace those consequences. After all, it was kind of funny.
The reaction from the crew however, was not so high school as expected, it was instead, a reaction of humored approval. What had previously been courteous smiles and vacant "Good Morning"s, turned into knowing grins accompanied by excessive eyebrow raises, winking, thumbs up and head nods of approval. Though it was embarrassing, Jared and I were mini-celebrities and spent our breakfast time answering questions from the crew members who wanted to know how much trouble we got in.

A number of us opted out of disembarking here. Apparently it would take quite a bit of effort to get anywhere worth visiting so enjoy these random photos of other places.









While I don't know what anyone else did, I spent my day mostly in bed. I pulled an Ellen. Though I never really slept as someone would barg in and interrupt me just in time to keep me from sleeping. I finally gave up at 4:30. I know.
We spent the evening up in Horizons listening to Vincenzo play his guitar. We all liked Vinny. I noted here, that "I'm getting the beginnings of whatever painful throat ailment I had in Greece and am very achy and tired." I opted for an early evening tonight and found Ellen and Jared already asleep when I got there.

As a fun side note, Jared and I took to spontaneously folding Ellen up in her bunk bed.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...