Sunday, August 12, 2012

Rome

My solo trip from London to Rome was my last moment of personal space. After waiting 2 hours for my lost luggage, falling asleep on a train bound for who knows where, and wandering casually through Rome hoping I would stumble upon the correct hotel, I found Ellen and Jared and so it began.











I enjoyed the warm welcome I received from Ellen the most. Usually she doesn't like me much and I was pleased to see that she missed having me around to bark out household tasks and patronize her while she tells me her problems. The three of us kids sat around talking and laughing before finding Giggs and Dave for a grand noddle-y meal. Just like at home, Ellen kept our hotel room so cold that I  couldn't sleep. Instead I stayed awake and at 2:30am I received an alarming phone call that informed me that my luggage had found my hotel.

The next day the rest of the band arrived and we did much aimless wandering and pizza munching. A sassy waitress slung Ellen's purse off of the table and onto a chair and put Ellen into a foul mood for the rest of the day. Once she sulked off back to the hotel, Jared and I took off exploring Rome, dancing in doorways, watering plants, and searching for just the right gelato.

Once dinner rolled around, we huffed it over to the tourist trap Piazza Navona for a mediocre meal. After, was our attempt at finding the Spanish steps however Ellen and Jared became irritable walking in the big group of the nine of us. After wandering for ages, it seems we all got testy and Georgia snatched the map from Jared's assured grasp. I felt woozy from the sudden onslaught of humidity and heat after being so cold for a month. We gave up on the Steps and settled for gelato and Limoncello. We had a big day coming and needed to pack our things and attempt to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...