Saturday, August 25, 2012

Sicily

"Big time sick", I wrote. "Major throat and neck pain."

I regrettably didn't get off the ship in Sicily. As you can see I was not feeling well and I remember feeling feverish in all the heat. Jared went to the beach by himself while Ellen spent the entire day talking to her boyfriend.

It seems that I described our docking port as a "picturesque shanty town." I selfishly have no idea what anyone else did here. I did note that as a whole American toilets are much lower to the ground than the European thrones. It seems like ages before I make contact now that I'm home. Anyways, I ran into Panos who had to be off the ship by 4:00. We sat in the pool smokers area talking about life and my skittish disposition. He told me it was a defense mechanism and I became very embarrassed. Piano man's reading my soul!! Jared made it safely back to the ship and our day continued in the usual fashion.

I did take a couple pictures from my bobbing onboard perch however I'm sure it does no justice to the place. And they all look the same...






so I got...creative




The following day was a day at sea where I regret to inform you that nothing of consequence happened. Ellen laid in bed for the entirety of the day watching movies and texting Chris. She emerged twice for her daily feedings and then headed back into her texting cave. Jared and I entertained each other with acrobatics and various sound effects and a few rounds of Name That Tune. We did go have tea however no one joined us thus we took up a table for six and received a few glares from smaller tables with numerous fat folk crowed around, rolls touching rolls. The Sea Hag's waitress friend was working and she would give me the stink eye and then shake her head at me while she stalked off!! You see why I don't bother befriending girls!

Dad skipped dinner in a effort to finish a movie that he had become enthralled with. The rest of us had a relatively sedate dinner until Dave created a carnival character of "The Incredible Talking Mute" and became so tickled with his creation that it brought tears to his eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...