Friday, May 17, 2013

Celebratory Things

You know, I really did "graduate" this weekend. Sure I skipped the ceremony but those are painful anyways. Dad was very pleased with my skipping all the hoopla. "Didn't want to sit through it anyways" he said. Mom however was quite put out with me about it. To ease her sorrows I told her I would prance around in the backyard in a white dress and let her take pictures. She has yet to make me do this but I know better. Just when I start to get comfortable she's going to whip out the camera and make me "dance monkey dance!!!"

To celebrate my exoneration, I had everyone over for a big, Dad-made, Lebanese feast. 





I'd been talking up all this ethnic food for so long that I finally had to show these white folk what they're missin'. I say that knowing full well that I am a white folk. It was most delicious though and everyone seemed to like it. 

I do believe I've not yet told you about Pig, a dice game Dad has become fixated on. He picked it up on a trip to Florida and has since made score cards and a felt-bottomed, pig-shaped, wooden rolling tray to make the game even more of an aesthetic treat. After dinner he forced us to play a few rounds. Everyone seemed to enjoy it.




As a final note on official celebratory things, look... it really did happen.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...