Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Trip Plans

It is obviously a goal of mine to be astonishingly attractive at all times.


Mattie took this picture of me studiously involved in my English "class" in Paros last summer. Yes, we often had class here in this waterfront cafe. This was because of the cool Mediterranean breeze that whisked under our sun umbrellas and around the corner back out to the sea. It was hot in our classroom. It was lovely out here. While I am clearly not paying attention, nor am I concerned that Professor Crane (in the corner there) might notice me fraternizing with some nearby customers (Mattie), my expression reveals my inner feelings on being forced to spend such a glorious afternoon on grammatical errors and whether "sticky" or "gooey" sound better in this sentence. Important topics sure, but I see Mattie!! I want to go play with Mattie!!

I was the only one of us four girls that had the creative writing class. Kelsey, Karissa, and Mattie would come to the cafe during my class and sit just a few tables away and order syrupy waffles, fruit plates, fresh squeezed orange juice, bowls of honey covered yogurt, and fresh baked bread and they would taunt me with it. They would talk loudly about the evening before and laugh and tell funny stories from home. It was the worst!! 

Mattie is currently in France working at the Cannes Film Festival.


She'll get back in June and then have about two weeks before we leave for Greece. We still don't have our tickets. We're going on Buddy Passes, a wonderful thing that I just don't understand. From what I gather, we tell the airport when we would like to leave and they squeeze us on the closest thing they have to that date, give or take a few days. I think I'll drive down to Jacksonville so that Mattie and I can fly over together. We have our apartment all squared away and two of Mattie's friends will be joining us at two separate times during our month's stay. The one that comes second will then follow us over to Barcelona where we will meet two other Mattie friends. We have no real plans here yet. I've been looking at hostels and apartments and am waiting to hear from Mattie on how long all these girls want to stay in ole 'Lona or whether we want to make our way around and perhaps end up in Madrid. 

They all have to head back to the states towards the end of August to go back to school. Mwahahaha!!! I haven't decided what to do from here. Kind of depends on my bank account but surely it is most wise to stay on my adventure until I'm entirely out of resources. After all, flights are expensive things. Not sure when I'll be headed back to this part of the world. I've sort of got my sights set on South America lately, but thats another blog post. Depending on how much money I have left, I may head north. Work on a farm near Toulouse, finish some of those hiking trails on the Pembrokeshire Coast, or go back and visit Ari's family in SmÃ¥dalarö, though I'd rather her come with me for that. 
Such tough decisions. 

Do I sound snobby?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...