Thursday, May 30, 2013

Goodbyes

This week is a somber week for me. BUT with no school in my life I find it much easier to have a positive outlook so I shall deliver my somber news with a lighthearted and jovial flair.

First (and the least somber): My Chic Antique gig is over. No more sitting around for money. It was good while it lasted and I so miss the neighboring antics but I have also had much more time for leisurely activities AND I no longer have to desperately try to dig up feminine ensembles and act ladylike. It was a struggle for me.



Second (and this is actually big news): I am somewhat no longer employed by my beloved farm. No, I was not fired. I was forced to casually dismiss myself after discovering that I am still having trouble with my heat induced dizziness. Now that it's really started to heat up again I have found myself unable to withstand humid days in the sunshine. While I've been blaming my pre-diabetes, it seems it's really just heat intolerance. I googled it. Sometimes that just happens after a person has a heat stroke like the one I had at the end of last summer. It's embarrassing to realize you're dainty and girlish. It broke my heart to decide that I shouldn't be out on the farm but I'd hate to be that person you have to keep an eye one because she'll spontaneously drop to the ground. Wouldn't want to be one of those fainting goats.

Now I've explained all this and they agree it's better to keep me cool for now and of course I'm welcome back whenever I feel up to it. I moped all day yesterday. Truly that silly farm makes me very happy. I looked forward to going there each day. I've not yet accepted that it's over (even just temporarily). 
My point is, I've had to say Goodbye to Mt. Pleasant for now. Goodbye Yankee haven. I won't miss your traffic and rude townsfolk but I will miss that magical plot of land on the river, filled with flowers and sweet Mexican faces.

Third (and probably the most heartbreaking but somehow easiest to accept (only because I'm excited for her)): Ari is about to leave.


The both of us being relatively unemployed has opened our eyes to an entirely different side of life. Did you know that having no responsibilities means you can do anything you want? What? The two of us have been defining goofing off recently. Beach, boat ride, beach. Dinner out, beach. Julie's show, dinner party, beach. Date night, pump gas, porch sittin', beach. It's been rough.

Let me do a better job explaining...

Start by putting your friends in a 70's themed musical bash.


and take a few mid-day, all day boat rides.



Partake in a number of perfect beach days,


that almost always lead to running into friends,


who take you places with stick-on mustaches.


And in this particular place, I fell madly in love with this black man. His name is Tim. He's a singer.


But most importantly of all is home time with friends, family, good food...


and the dock to make you feel better when it's all over. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...