Saturday, May 4, 2013

Real Life: Day 1

Today is my first real day of real life. I say that because I've been working everyday since my last day of school. What do you mean working everyday is real life? Nonsense.

Hey look. I found a picture of my painting of Fabio!
You weren't around when I went through my celebrity portraits phase were you? Strategically planting them around the house.



This week the captivatingly marvelous HonBon folk are in town. I am immensely excited for the impending giggles, desserts, and Shanghai tournaments. I will do my best to take pictures of things without being obnoxious about it. Thats the one downside to taking pictures. No one seems to want you around. No one likes to be in pictures. I especially hate it. No pictures please.

As an update, Ellen is off showing property this morning (isn't that funny? It's like she's a real person. Sellin' Ellen). Dad has mowed the lawn, put out pine straw, gone to Lowes, and is now at the grocery store. It's only 10:40. He's a little overzealous.

I believe Mom is in the other room picking at her toes.

I have recently been informed that my newest place of employment is going under. What?? Apparently I'm not the salesperson my Father is. Val told me that Spring is usually her busiest season and for some reason, it seems no one is coming to the store. Her lease runs out at the end of May and I don't think she's making enough money to stay open. I'm sad about this for a number of reasons.
1) Val. She loves her store. I know it pains her to let it go. She will have to go back to selling real estate- something she doesn't miss.
2) It is the easiest job I've ever been paid too much to do.
3) I've befriended the neighboring waitstaff, fitness trainers, and overweight Mt. Pleasant townsfolk and I will miss their antics.
4) The milkshakes.
5) The potential for me to become one of the overweight Mt. Pleasant townsfolk in need of fitness trainers because of the milkshakes provided by the neighboring waitstaff. See how that works?

I will simply have to up my hours out at the farm. Speaking of which, I have been informed that we are opening a plant nursery of sorts and I'm so excited to learn about all of the plants. Gilberto's gonna have to teach me everything he knows. I don't know much about plants. Oh and I never know their names. Gosh I'm only going to know how to say the plants with a hispanic accent. "Laurita, dis one is Tiger LeeLee."

I'm off to the grocery store now too. I've got some sweets to make...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...