Sunday, October 27, 2013

Ari Makes The World Go Round

I had Ari this week and oh my life was full again. It was actually particularly exhausting as she was keeping me out until the wee hours even though I had to work the next day. I didn't mind. I had never really noticed how antisocial I am when Ari isn't around. She's my person. My platonic companion. If theres somewhere to go, she'll come with me. Need to water the garden? She'll just sit with you.

I have friends here in Charleston. But do you think I go see them? Nope. I do when Ari is here though which makes it a double whammy. Ari and other friends at the same time!
Ari has left now and I'm back to walking through this cold world all alone.

So. Ari and I had our Surf Bar date and a beach walk topped of with guacamole and a celebratory margarita. We had dinner with friends, dessert with musical Julie's household, and even ran into Tim, who neither of us had seen or heard of since I professed my love back in the Spring. I was so shocked and embarrassed when I saw him that I knocked my water glass across the table, ice spewing across the wood floor, and water dripping down the table legs. We can't all be this attractive.




Ari enjoyed touring her potential Grad schools and so far has put UGA in the top space. She still has a few to look at including UVA and potentially a school in Texas. We want to make this into a road trip. I'll keep you posted.

In other news, 


I've gotten my folks hooked on a show called Arrow. Have you heard of it? Lukas hooked me on it in Wales and I would turn down social outings and mini-adventures because I just HAD to watch the next episode. I noticed it on netflix and made my folks watch. It took three episodes to suck them in and I have not seen much of them since. They were staying up late watching episodes and they even admitted to watching a few in the middle of the afternoon. They have now completed the entire first season. The second season just started three weeks ago and is only available by illegal download. I showed Dad where to find them and he has barreled through the three episodes, leaving Mom and I behind to catch up before the newest episode on Wednesday. 


Also, reason #28 that I hate cold weather; Ellen thinks this is ok.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...